Pipe Bursting – Trenchless Sewer Repair
Replaces your old pipe with new pipe without major digging!
Pipe bursting technology pulls a powerful head device through a damaged sewer lateral pipe, shattering it and pushing the broken up pieces out into the soil. At the same time, a new polyethylene pipe is pulled in place behind this head device. The end result is a new pipe in place where the old pipe had been.
This trenchless sewer repair method is ideal for replacing deteriorating pipes or long stretches of damaged pipeline.
- Video camera inspection identifies the nature of the problem; pipe bursting is determined to be the best repair option.
- A small access hole is dug at each end of the pipe being replaced to provide access to the pipe.
- A cable is fed through the section of pipe to be replaced.
- The heavy duty breaking head is then inserted at one end of the damaged old pipe and winched through, breaking it up.
- At the same time, a new pipe is pulled in behind the old pipe.
- The new pipe is connected to the existing pipes at each end—and you have a new pipeline!
- The access holes are filled.