Clogged drains are a common problem in households, causing inconvenience and sometimes even damage to your property. However, with a little bit of knowledge and prevention, you can avoid this problem altogether. In this blog post, we'll provide you with some tips and tricks from the pros on how to prevent clogged drains.
5 Tips for Preventing Clogged Drains
By following these tips and tricks, you can prevent clogged drains and keep your plumbing system in good working order:
- Use a drain cover: Prevent hair, food particles, and other debris from entering your drain by using a drain cover. This is especially important in the shower and kitchen sink.
- Dispose of grease properly: Grease is one of the leading causes of clogged drains. Instead of pouring it down the drain, put it in a container and dispose of it in the trash.
- Don't flush non-degradable items: Flushing non-degradable items, such as wipes, feminine hygiene products, and cotton balls, can cause serious clogs in your pipes.
- Regularly clean your drains: Regularly cleaning your drains can prevent buildup and keep them flowing smoothly. You can use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar or a commercial drain cleaner. However, be careful because chemicals used in some drain cleaners can damage your plumbing over time. Try using drain cleaners that are septic safe.
- Use a plunger: A plunger is a handy tool to have in case of a clogged drain. Make sure to use the right plunger for the job and follow proper plunging techniques.
If you do experience a clog, don't hesitate to call our professional plumbers at Pacific Drain & Plumbing. Our team of plumbing experts has the knowledge and tools to quickly and effectively solve a wide range of plumbing problems, including clogged drain repair.
To get in touch with our experienced plumbers at Pacific Drain & Plumbing, give us a call at (760) 209-6871 or contact us online today!